To use the backup utility, do the following:
- Login to your cPanel and click Backup.
- On the left further down you will see the list of MySQL Databases.
- Select the one to backup. This will download a backup copy to your computer.
You now have a backup copy of your database.
To manually backup using phpMyAdmin follow these steps:
- Login to your control panel at www.yourdomain.com/cpanel
- Click on 'phpMyAdmin' under the 'Databases' menu
- From the dropdown list to the left, choose the database you wish to export the backup from.
- Click on the 'Export' Tab.
- Click the 'Select All' link shown in blue, then tick the 'Save as file' box and 'Go'.
- You will be asked to save the .sql file to the hard drive, click 'Save'.
- Choose the location to save to and click 'Save'.
Your database has now been exported.
- 2 Users Found This Useful
To restore a MySQL database please follow the below steps:- Login to your cPanel...
The purpose of this tutorial is to teach you how to rename database tables with phpMyAdmin. We...
This tutorial is going to help you become more familiar with databases and phpMyAdmin. We are...
This tutorial is to teach you about specific operations in phpMyAdmin. We are going to learn how...
This tutorial is about searching through a database using phpMyAdmin. We will assume that you are...